View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2012, 05:06 PM   #1
old3
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jim

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300, KTM EXC610SMR

Area-P tuner installed

My Area-P tuner arrived today. I have an Akra slip on for a 250 and a decatted stock header.

AWESOME.

The engine now pretty much totally exceeds anything I ever expected a 250 Ninja based engine could ever be, and it was already doing that stock! The torque is even better than before, pulls clean from 2500 RPM, hauls with a hit into the low mid around 4500, then flat pulls hard to around 12500. It might fall off there just a tad but I'm having trouble shifting fast enough to avoid the limiter. It popped the front wheel off the ground in the 1-2 shift.

WOW.

Open up the exhaust, add this tuner and let it rip. I'm probably running a touch fat too, still waiting for my K&N air filter panel.

Side benefit, I had upgraded to 93 octane last few weeks to track down a metallic tingle I could hear around 4-5k RPMs. I wrote it off as a fairing noise as the premium fuel seemed to lessen but not cure it.

Well, it is gone now. Had it earlier today, can't get it despite loading it hard uphill. It would do that everywhere before, flat land, down hill, anytime you applied fuel in that RPM range.
old3 is offline   Reply With Quote