View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2019, 04:26 AM   #15
maverick9611
"a legend in my own mind"

Name: maverick9611

Motorcycle(s): 2015 moto guzzi norge(brownie),2020 aprilia dorsoduro,

MOTM - Feb '18
final ride notes

i try to plan all my long rides. well mother nature bit me this time. it was quite cold in the mountains and overall the whole trip. all my fingertips feel sore and burnt like feeling. even with barkbuster hand deflectors and wintergloves, the cold showed no mercy on my hands/fingers. i planned waypoints for gas but some of the stations where nowhere to be found. cell service was spotty. i run tmobile but i notice us cellar would pop up in small towns. (tmobile must have a partnership with them). the whip was a great road with lots of turns and switchbacks. i crossed under blue ridge parkway and saw mighty mt. mitchell (highest peak east of the mississippi/6684 ft.)on my left side.
cautions: sand was being deposited on corners from runoff of hills/mountains. this made cornering a challenge.
gravel on road from peeps driveways.
hwy nc197 south of pensacola: rode turned into gravel/dirt. i was having as major freakout that i had taken a wrong turn. after 5 miles pavement returned! the breakdown/bike issue was a challenge. thanx to brian from alaska who rides a victory kingpin for helping out!

here is nc 197

yup, ears were a poppin

final route

if you ride in alot of areas with no cell service or you hike. this might be your savior