View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2018, 10:00 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcycle.com] - Jason Anderson Secures Second-Straight Monster Energy Supercross W

Once again, Monster Energy Supercross in San Diego provided intense racing with completely unpredictable results. Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Jason Anderson captured his second-straight win and continues to build momentum while the rest of the 450SX pack saw mixed results that continued to jumble up the overall points standings. Marvin Musquin and Blake Baggett rounded out the podium. Barcia finished 8th but moved up to second in the points and Ken Roczen suffered a gnarly crash in a mix up with Cooper Webb.

Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing’s Justin Hill, last year’s 250SX West champion, finally won a race and seems to be catching his groove again. Accompanying Hill on the podium was Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki’s Adam Cianciarulo and GEICO Honda’s rookie, Chase Sexton.

Begin Press Release:

SAN DIEGO, CA – February 11, 2018 – Monster Energy Supercross, an FIM World Championship, hosted Round 6 of the 2018 season in front of 41,237 fans inside Petco Park.

The 450SX Class podium at Round 6 of the Monster Energy Supercross in San Diego, California. | Photo credit: Feld Entertainment, Inc.

Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Jason Anderson captured his second-straight 450SX Class win after leading 12 of the 24-Lap Main Event. A first-turn pileup included Monster Energy Kawasaki’s Eli Tomac, Monster Energy/Knich/Yamaha Factory Racing’s Cooper Webb and Team Honda HRC’s Ken Roczen while Roczen’s teammate Cole Seely grabbed the holeshot and lead 12 laps before Anderson’s come-from-behind win.

“I’ve just been putting myself in good positions, and I’ve just been fighting,” Anderson said on the podium. “I really had to keep my head down but, man, I’m excited to keep getting these wins and podiums, and I’m just grateful for the opportunities.”

Team Red Bull KTM Factory Racing’s Marvin Musquin started fourth and battled his way into second. For the second consecutive week, Rocky Mountain ATV/MC/KTM/WPS Team’s Blake Baggett rounded out the podium after a seventh-place start.

In the 250SX Class Main Event, Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki’s Joey Savatgy earned his third holeshot of the year ahead of teammate Adam Cianciarulo and Autotrader/Yoshimura/Suzuki Factory Racing’s Justin Hill. Cianciarulo lead for 11 laps before Hill found the lead for six laps to score his first Main Event win of 2018. GEICO Honda’s Chase Sexton picked up his second career podium behind Cianciarulo in second.

Justin Hill scored his first 250SX Main Event win of 2018 with Adam Cianciarulo and Chase Sexton rounding out the top three. | Photo credit: Feld Entertainment, Inc.

“It was tough, I’m not gonna lie,” Hill said on the podium. “But this track lends itself to me because it was technical … I’m beyond psyched, and to put the bike on the top step and kind of shut up all the haters in a way, I feel really good about it, and I feel back to my true form.”

Register at feldmediaguides.com/supercross to view official Monster Energy Supercross race highlights:
Videos
Photos

For official race results, please visit results.amasupercross.com.

450SX Class Results
  1. Jason Anderson, Rio Rancho, N.M., Husqvarna
  2. Marvin Musquin, Clermont, Fla., KTM
  3. Blake Baggett, Grand Terrance, Calif., KTM
  4. Cole Seely, Newbury Park, Calif., Honda
  5. Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., KTM
  6. Justin Brayton, Mint Hill, N.C., Honda
  7. Weston Peick, Menifee, Calif., Suzuki
  8. Justin Barcia, Greenville, Fla., Yamaha
  9. Dean Wilson, Clermont, Fla., Husqvarna
  10. Vince Friese, Cape Giradeau, Mo., Honda
450SX Class Championship Standings
  1. Jason Anderson, Rio Rancho, N.M., Husqvarna (141)
  2. Justin Barcia, Greenville, Fla., Yamaha (113)
  3. Cole Seely, Newbury Park, Calif., Honda (106)
  4. Ken Roczen, Clermont, Fla., Honda (102)
  5. Blake Baggett, Grand Terrance, Calif., KTM (99)
  6. Justin Brayton, Mint Hill, N.C., Honda (99)
  7. Weston Peick, Menifee, Calif., Suzuki (98)
  8. Marvin Musquin, Clermont, Fla., KTM (96)
  9. Joshua Grant, Wildomar, Calif., Kawasaki (83)
  10. Broc Tickle, Holly, Mich., KTM (82)
Western Regional 250SX Class Results
  1. Justin Hill, Yoncalla, Ore., Suzuki
  2. Adam Cianciarulo, New Smyrna, Fla., Kawasaki
  3. Chase Sexton, Clermont, Fla., Honda
  4. Joey Savatgy, Thomasville, Ga., Kawasaki
  5. Shane McElrath, Canton, N.C., KTM
  6. Christian Craig, Orange, Calif. Honda
  7. Aaron Plessinger, Hamilton, Ohio, Yamaha
  8. Kyle Chisholm, Valrico, Fla., Yamaha
  9. Mitchell Harrison, Tallahassee, Fla., Husqvarna
  10. Bradley Taft, Nixa, Mo., Yamaha
Western Regional 250SX Class Championship Standings
  1. Aaron Plessinger, Hamilton, Ohio, Yamaha (134)
  2. Joey Savatgy, Thomasville, Ga., Kawasaki (129)
  3. Shane McElrath, Canton, N.C., KTM (117)
  4. Adam Cianciarulo, New Smyrna, Fla., Kawasaki (116)
  5. Chase Sexton, Clermont, Fla., Honda (107)
  6. Christian Craig, Orange, Calif. Honda (106)
  7. Justin Hill, Yoncalla, Ore., Suzuki (105)
  8. Kyle Chisholm, Valrico, Fla., Yamaha (83)
  9. Mitchell Harrison, Tallahassee, Fla., Husqvarna (72)
  10. Hayden Mellross, Clermont, Fla., Yamaha (67)
The 2018 Monster Energy Supercross season continues next Saturday, February 17, with Round 7 from Arlington. Watch the action live on FS1 at 7 p.m. CT / 8 p.m. ET.

For more information on the Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, please log onto SupercrossLIVE.com, the official website of Monster Energy Supercross, or follow via social channels:

Facebook: facebook.com/supercrosslive
Twitter: twitter.com/supercrosslive
Instagram: instagram.com/supercrosslive
YouTube: youtube.com/supercrosslive

Jason Anderson Secures Second-Straight Monster Energy Supercross Win in San Diego appeared first on Motorcycle.com News.

Click here for full story...