View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2010, 09:18 PM   #83
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

I am trying to pay homage to this:

It would be awesome if you could help me visualize it. Basically, I can't decide which way to go with the stripe and how to represent the banded fin flaps.

I have an '08 CP Blue bike with matching rims and chain and I intend to add a Sportisi hugger (original style), Sportisi undertail, OEM solo cowl, removed passenger pegs, and go matte black with the exhaust.

Here's what I think I want so far:
I want the "BLUE FALCON" text at the bottom where kkim has his ninjette.org banner.

I want an "07" on the front fender and in the area in front of the V-shaped fairing cuts on both sides.

I want to add mesh on the fairing cuts with, perhaps, colored skateboard wheels to look like the cylinders at the Blue Falcon's intakes--yes, despite facing to the side.

I want to keep the Ninja and Kawasaki logos.

I'm also going to experiment with black vinyl bits to see if I can make the windscreen look a little angular and segmented.

Here's what I need help with to decide (help me visualize, plzkthx!):

I can't decide if I want the stripe to go along the area toward the tank like your gunmetal gray stripe on Raven, in the recess behind the V-shaped fairing cuts on both sides (yeah, not much of a "stripe"), or extended from there along the line that continues onto the side covers

I can't decide if I want to just make red/white "number plates" on the rear for the banded fin flaps (viewed from top-down, split into one red and white stripe on either side) or if I want red-white-red bands in the side facing area just under and behind the rider seat.

I'd love to see a few of those options if you don't mind. Oh! And if you have any suggestions, please suggest. I'm terrible at visualizing and you may have a much better idea than I do!
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote