View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2014, 10:27 AM   #14
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by astricklin View Post
Personally, I would go for the thruxton.
If you want to be noticed, get the thruxton.
If you are leaning toward the Judge, definitely check out the Yamaha/Star Bolt
The seating position is a lot different between the two so make sure you sit for some time and get a test ride too.
the star bolt spec r is one of the coolest bikes on the market right now, it literally has one and only one flaw that is keeping me from considering selling my ninja and getting one. No rear seat, down the line though the aftermarket should catch up to get an easily installed/removable rear seat & pegs. The minimalist style is straight badass though.

Triumph street triple r, yamaha star bolt spec r, any japanese 600, ktm rc390, home-converted supermotos and so on. The current market for bikes is so ungodly amazing that I don't know how my wallet is going to survive the next 10 years or so.

street triple r and bolt spec r for street, ktm rc390 for canyon carving. japanese supersports/superbikes and ninja 250s/300s for track. All the while some offroad fun. all this and a beater pickup truck for the comparable cost of one german engineered bmw 3 series
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote