View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2018, 12:18 PM   #1
Topaz
ninjette.org member

Name: Topaz

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 / Suzuki DR-Z 400 SM

What's the value of a bike with a rebuilt title?

What's the value of a bike with a rebuilt title?

Any experience buying, using and years later selling a bike with a rebuilt title?

I came across a 2016 RSV4 that suffered a low side. It's supposed to be 100% well mechanically.
It has damaged in pretty much every plastic on the left side and a scratch on the gas tank.
It also has a dent in the frame, which was probably the reason why it was totaled.
The title is currently a salvage.
I think that after repairing or replacing the plastics, one mirror and one rear turn signal, it should be ok for a rebuild title, but I don't know for sure, as I think it has to go through an inspection before getting the new title, and I don'n know how good the bike has to be to pass the inspection.

The average value of KBB and NADA for this bike now is about $11k.
The seller is not the original owner. He must have gotten it from a friend or from an auction.

So I'm tempted to make him a low offer, repair the bike and enjoy it. But, of course, a bit concerned about how hard it can be to re sell the bike some years from now.
I'm not thinking in making any money. I expect the bike to loose value through the time I own it. I just don't want to get stuck with a bike that I won't be able to sell.
Topaz is offline   Reply With Quote