View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2019, 12:45 AM   #13
Seirra117th
ninjette.org member

Name: Daniel

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 2008

so this is where im getting confused.......i install the new filter......turn both pilot screw in 1/4 of the turn to match......

THIS IS QUOTED BUT COULDNT WORK OUT HOW TO LINK IT
Now blip the throttle. Nothing crazy, just rev it to 2,500 RPM or so and let go of the throttle. Does the throttle immediately drop to idle?

If not:*

If the throttle hangs -*The idle circuit is still too lean. Loosen the screw down a little more

If the throttle drops below idle and takes a moment to return -*The idle circuit is too rich. Tighten the screw a little bit.

Then repeat the process until the idle is restored damn near instantly after you blip the throttle. I try to err on the side of 'rich' as this will help the bike warm up a little quicker and isn't going to REALLY affect fuel economy or anything in the end.

FROM VEX'S DIY ON Accessing and adjusting idle mixture screws

after starting......it took little choke to idle steady.......had to adjust idle level back too 1350 but doesnt hang or drop after blipping.

so why did making pilot circuit a tad leaner heap with a better less restrictive flowing filter.

VEX said that symptom was too rich pilot so i went with that solution.......yet id think the filter would have made the AFR leaner.
Seirra117th is offline   Reply With Quote