View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2019, 12:35 PM   #1
dodgerdad
ninjette.org guru

Name: Hector

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Instrument Cluster Suggestions

So I'm almost done with my streetfighter project and now that I've installed the new headlight assembly I'm bummed out to see I'm not going to reuse the original cluster. I can get it to fit with a simple custom bracket, but it looks OK when sitting on the bike, looks ugly from the front and utterly grotesque from the sides. I wanted to stay with the original to because of the ideal functionality and also because I'm cheap but after all the work I've done to achieve a particular look, I can't bring myself to sacrifice so much aesthetics.

I'm leaning towards the Trail Tech Vapor because of quality, tech support/info which will run about $150 for the gauge and another $55 for the indicator light panel. Before I pull the trigger, can anyone recommend a less costly set-up? Just looking for something compact, with reliable/detailed instructions and with a high enough RPM range. There's a ton of inexpensive Chinese stuff on Amazon but few reviews and most don't speak highly of the quality and user support.

Appreciate any opinions and options