View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2017, 04:04 PM   #136
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacRyann View Post
Another shout-out for Gordon's amazing work!!! I bought a derelict 2008 250R that had been sitting around for 2-years and was all gummed up. Here's what carbs looked like when I brought bike home.

I managed to get crispy algae off, but it was still all clogged up everywhere else inside. Bike wouldn't start properly, needed choke full-time to barely idle. Would die as soon as I gave it any throttle.Trying to run engine this way eventually caused it to hydrolock with fuel from leaky floats and break starter-gear. See DIY Starter Gear repair..

So I sent off the carbs to Ducatiman and got them back surprizingly quick!!! Using combination of alien-tech , black-magic, good ol-fashioned expertise and skill, he completely refurbished them. Replaced vacuum hoses and upgrade fasteners to allen-buttonheads which gives them a really modern high-tech look!

Installed them, and bike started right up and idled with no problems!! Crisp throttle-response on road, couldn't be any better!! Highly recommend Gordon's carb refurb service; some of the best money I've spent on this bike!
I have never seen carbs as funky as those in over 50 years of wrenching on bikes. Ducatiman be da man!

Bill
Ram Jet is offline   Reply With Quote