View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2020, 06:35 AM   #12
maverick9611
"a legend in my own mind"

Name: maverick9611

Motorcycle(s): 2015 moto guzzi norge(brownie),2020 aprilia dorsoduro,

MOTM - Feb '18
the final update/900 miles later

well the ride is over. got in late last night. rode 900 miles fri/sat.
the devils triangle is the real deal. very technical and deep,deep drop offs. as usual in the rain again! loop might be only 44 miles but ya better have you witts about ya or your done. lots of ravines with no guardrails either. brushy mountain penitentiary tours was closed for covid reasons. we rode a loop south of oak ridge called the bootlegger. we did 75% and headed back to knoxville.(no twistes) it was bout 3 in the afternoon and karl fjr suggested foothills again and head over the mountains on 441 to cherokee. i said lets go. still raining but we saw a break and headed up the mountain. we started to see lots of snow on the ground and condition went from bad to much worse. they had laid pea gravel down on the road and it had built up to a line of gravel in the lane by the cars. if you crossed the gravel your tires instantly protested. plus rain was harder. at newfound gap(the top)total fog white out. visibility was awful. i ran the connie a gear higher and plowed on wanting to get the hell of that mountain asap. conditions improved and fog dissipated but rain hung on. was saw a herd of elk as we left smoky mountains national park. karl and i split north of corneila. i took 17 home, he stayed on 23 to i985. all in all and great ride. trip from knox to augusta bout 6 hours. the concours did it in style as usual. another ride in the books.
worlds largest amish chair blairsville georgia

the thrillerseekers(i'm in the center)

great views on foothills parkway and knarly sweepers

Last futzed with by maverick9611; December 13th, 2020 at 05:51 PM.
maverick9611 is offline   Reply With Quote