View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2021, 12:39 PM   #10
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by adabbledoo View Post
So I just went and check around more. This is the pig tail to my r/r. :eek: I'll replace this and the r/r. Hopefully that will fix the issue!
While you're in there, you might want to look at upgrading to a MOSFET R/R. The design is less susceptible to heat failure, plus it's more efficient so it generates less heat to begin with, a win-win. They tend to put out more stable voltage too. If you're already replacing the connector, it would be a great time to upgrade to the newer R/R and sealed Furukawa connector. http://www.cycleterminal.com/furukawa-qlw-250.html

I don't remember if the 250 uses the exact same part, but the 500's R/R was actually used on bikes going back to at least 1982. It's usually adequate for the most part, but the new MOSFET R/Rs are definitely a more modern piece that should be bulletproof in comparison.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote