View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2021, 11:35 PM   #1
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Nice evening Ride.

it can still be done even at my age ! tonight I went for a short ride and just enjoyed the heck out of it !.
I didn't want to go for a long ride as I had just got the Ninja back together and like to check to make sure nothing is falling off that I forgot....
but all seems good although I did notice a bit of a light noise coming from the lower right that I hadn't noticed before, doesn't mean anything just means I hadn't noticed it before <GRIN> kind'a a wrrrr sound, nothing crunchy just probably how the engine sounds when operating.
.... I went about 6 miles on a back country road being a conservative rider and just kind'a putting along... if that is the appropriate term for a Ninja... because they really don't putt... they want to roar ! .
once I had got to the freeway entrance on the old twisty road I got on the freeway to head back. I didn't spare the RPM I just let her rip and to my delight she didn't even quibble about it.... but by the time I was on the freeway
doing 70 at 8,500 to 9,000 RPM I found myself wanting to shift again...
( old habits die hard ) but I let her churn at those RPMS and there was no problem whatsoever... she flew low, especially for just a 250cc motor !
I think I will put on the larger front sprocket though, if nothing else to spread the lower gears out some ....
I put on all my new Riding gear and stuff just to give it a run and to my surprise it all worked great I had on my summer riding jacket (Mesh type)
and the mesh riding pants... and I have to admit I was a bit chilled by the time I got home the mesh really works good and keeping cool in the summer isn't going to be an issue anymore !
the only problem I did have was getting google maps to work on my phone...
I guess I have to put in a destination and then it will track the progress , not sure, but the Quad Lock mount worked flawlessly I highly recommend them!
I just have the universal mount stuck to the back of my smart phone's armored case and it holds it very solidly.
tomorrow I will check out the bike in great detail and give it a good check over ,.... I adjusted the chain and want to make sure it's not too tight.
also tomorrow the TT250 is supposed to arrive so that should be neat !
.... well, that's all I got !
good ride but mcdonalds was already closed when I got there so I gott'a go russell up some chow... HAHHAHAHA
Bob.......