View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2021, 08:56 AM   #9
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
Yesterday was my 1st time using my knee as a "feeler"... I gotta admit, it was nice knowing how much space I had before touching hard parts. I felt my foot touch a few times, but I picked up a little when that happened and escaped dragging anything else. I'm super excited to experience more instructions from my mentor and getting more seat time. Kart tracks are so awesome!
May I just suggest something that might help with your riding and how tired you are feeling? (I'm a coach with the California Superbike School). If you take a look at how many times you are moving around on the bike you can see that you move a lot. Each time you move on the bike there is input into the bars, it wiggles a little bit and you use up precious energy. Do you think there might be places that you could eliminate how often you move on the bike? Is it necessary to sit in the middle of the seat anywhere on this small track or could you reduce a lot of your body movements by going directly from one side of the bike to the other?

Here is a video of me riding at the Ridge Motorsports park during lunch hour with a fellow coach following me. Take a look at how little I move my body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSZy1T32DRc
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.