View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2021, 06:44 PM   #11
flipstyledsm22
Let's go fishing!

Name: Ioben

Motorcycle(s): 83' KZ750L3, 84' FJ1100, 94' VT600C, 07' K1200S, 09' EX250J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti View Post
May I just suggest something that might help with your riding and how tired you are feeling? (I'm a coach with the California Superbike School). If you take a look at how many times you are moving around on the bike you can see that you move a lot. Each time you move on the bike there is input into the bars, it wiggles a little bit and you use up precious energy. Do you think there might be places that you could eliminate how often you move on the bike? Is it necessary to sit in the middle of the seat anywhere on this small track or could you reduce a lot of your body movements by going directly from one side of the bike to the other?

Here is a video of me riding at the Ridge Motorsports park during lunch hour with a fellow coach following me. Take a look at how little I move my body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSZy1T32DRc
Very impressive! You were really smooth and you were booking it!

I would love to eventually get to your level. I only have one official track day under my belt, followed by 2 private track days at a small go-kart track. My 1st track day was a full immersion experience, but I felt it was a bit premature, because I wasn't even familiar with my bike, or comfortable on it yet... not to mention, the suspension really needs tuning because it is SUPER stiff with little to no rebound in it.

The two times I've been to the go-kart track, I made huge improvements with getting familiar with my bike (mainly the GP shifting) and gaining confidence in the tires. My next big goal, is to learn the lines! I plan on slowing it way down and focusing on following the lines exactly and working on my body positioning.

I will definitely work on making less movements. I really think that once I get the lines down, I will save a lot of energy by not having to perform extra work to get the bike where it needs to be.
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote