View Single Post
Old September 19th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #25
Rollingmenace
ninjette.org member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 96 Ninja 250EX , 87 CBR 1000, 86 TRX 260R, 86 KXT 250, 84 ATC 200X, 82 ATC 250R (w/CR480)

Good to hear u got it going ... BUT.... Like stated before there could be other problems here... Bear with me but if you pulled the plugs and one is considerably darker than other and your bike was running like crap... The problem goes beyond just a spark plug issue... New plugs will only be a bandaid for another issue and will likely fail in the future possibly leaving you stranded....
Here is my opinion.. For some reason your plugs are showing two different fuel conditions... The symptoms of either a spark or fuel issue ... The fact of age of your bike and low mileage leads me to believe its a fuel issue... I'd start as a bare minimum pulling inspecting and thuroughly cleaning the carbs... .. If you choose to do so it can be done with basic hand tools a ziplock or gladware plastic bowl , few cans of carb cleaner and a little compressed air... Pull inspect, and clean carbs reinstall ... Run it around the block a few times rip it up and down the Main Street put 10 - 15 miles on it bring it back pull the plugs and check the color you want to have them both look the same
Rollingmenace is offline   Reply With Quote