View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2012, 11:47 PM   #1
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Angry I told my mom I'm saving for a new bike...

And now she wants me to pay rent. As a background I'm 21, going to school and working. My parents have refused to cosign any student loans so the past year I had to get loans on my own credit. With the job I have now I'm able to afford school without taking out anymore loans.

Currently I live rent free at my parents house. They pay for my car insurance and my cell phone (family plan) Total cost to them from me is $140 a month. I've offered to pay for my car insurance (I'd probably cancel it as I hate driving anyway) and I've offered to pay for my phone (I'd cancel it as work gives me an unlimited everything cell phone). So I've offered to take care of the $140 but they have refused. I pay for literally everything else, food, gas, toiletries, etc. I also take care of many chores around the house.

So is she justified in doing this? I know it's their house they can legally charge me whatever they want but is this a morally just action? I cost them far less than what my other siblings cost them (they just cosigned my sisters student loan for beauty school btw) and have offered to pay for my expenses. Is the fact that I have extra money to save for a bike a just reason for my mom to charge me rent?
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote