View Single Post
Old February 14th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #4
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

I certainly don't mind a poll like this, but all I'd say is that there is nothing on the horizon that would make this necessary for the foreseeable future. I like free things, and required paid access for forums that used to be free, even if it just means different levels of access or support, well, I'm not a fan.

If we got to the point where server capacity and bandwidth constraints were really affecting the usefulness of the board, and there just wasn't enough coming in from ads or other sources (point of reference, ninjette.org made $7.58 total from the ads for January 2009), then maybe this discussion would become more timely. But we're not there, I don't think we're anywhere near there, and it's quite feasible we'll never get there.

Right now there isn't anyone on the board who is using more than a fraction of their allocated space for PM's, albums, or anything else. If you do find yourself bumping up against a limit and want it raised, PM me, and I can likely fix it for you right away. The limits aren't infinite of course, but they can be much higher than people might expect.

I didn't launch the site with the intention of ever making it a profit center for me or anybody else, I just wanted a place where fellow ninjette owners could gather online and enjoy themselves. If it becomes self-supporting at some point, even better, but it's not a particularly important goal for me.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote