View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2011, 07:46 PM   #1
RedCromwell
ninjette.org member

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250

Misdirected Anger from Cager?

I got done washing my bike and cleaning and waxing the chain so I went for a ride this morning. Nothing spectacular just a few miles around my house in a big zig-zaggy loop.

I get to a red light not far from home and another biker pulls up next to me on his Harley.

I wave/nod to every rider (but not scooters, they annoy the piss out of me ) so I look over to the Harley rider and he won't even look my way. He's got his standard issue H-D gear on: bandanna, pony tail and denim vest.

The light turns green so the H-D rider start "blapping" on the throttle. "What?!" "I said, loud pipes save lives!" "What?!" He takes a left turn and I and the car in front of me continue straight through the intersection.

Well, this is where things get interesting. The car in front of me starts driving really slow. I mean like 20-25 mph in a 45 zone. At first I thought maybe they were lost or something. We get to a part of the road where it divides into two lanes, so I decide to go around them. But, then the driver drives in the middle of the road taking up both lanes and actually starts weaving back and forth. So, at this point, I'm thinking, this "guy" is messing with me.

The lanes merge back into one lane and by now there's a line of cars stacking up behind me as we follow this guy.

I was so tempted to cross the double-yellow to get around him, but I just kept my head and backed off and kept an eye on the cars behind me.

The driver eventually sped up to the posted speed limit and my driveway was within sight so, I got home without incident.

So, I wondered, did the driver in that car think it was me with the "loud pipes" revving at him at the traffic light? I have a stock muffler, so my bike is pretty tame. I would've thought the driver would've realized "hey, the bike behind me doesn't sound anything like the bike I heard earlier."

I'll just chalk up the incident to another person who hates bikers. Any bikers. For whatever reason.
RedCromwell is offline   Reply With Quote