Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainPlatypus View Post
I'm severely depressed, and there aren't many things that let my mind truly break free of the bullshit it constantly inflicts on itself. Riding gives me more freedom and peace of mind than anything else I've ever done. It lets me relax enough to enjoy the moment - enough to be excited about enjoying the moment. It's always the high point of my day, and as soon as I get EMSRacer07's engine in my bike, I'll be racking up the miles like my life depends on it again.
Depression distracts you from the present real life by mercilessly dragging your thoughts into the past and the future.

As a powerful survival mechanism, motorcycling forces your mind to focus in the current second.
And that is the way in which a healthy happy mind should operate, because life is happening now.

Copied from
http://www.luminationnetwork.com/201...-into-therapy/

"It’s my disconnect with all the stress in life..........When I’m riding—and I think it’s true of a lot of people—you have to pay so much attention to what you’re doing, that whatever else is on your mind needs to be tucked away somewhere. It’s like therapy, and I think other people would say that...........It’s a way of kind of clearing everything out and being in the moment."
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote