View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2019, 09:51 PM   #23
65Mulberry
ninjette.org member

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki bandit 1200 Ninja 250

So I finally got the seat pan and foam sorted out for the faux racing tail section....I will get it to my upholsterer tomorrow and hopefully in a few weeks he will have it ready. The seat part will be black marine grade vinyl and the rest will be red vinyl to match the bike red paint. With a white “number plate” made out of vinyl as well- stitched onto the sides. I will use black upholstery dye with a stencil to paint the number on it... Super lightweight and simple… And it allows me to reuse most of the current bike parts without having to weld on a different rear hoop or make any more subframe modifications than I already have. I also sawed off the last bit of the tail behind the rear seat support... I will put some black plastic plugs in the ends of the tubes to keep water out...And by the way, the vinyl will draw down nice and tight so that white wooly stuff you see there’s about an inch thicker and taller than the rear seat section will actually be. It will get compacted pretty good...Shaped more like the picture in one of the earlier posts in this thread where I did the mock up
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 639D3185-DF3A-4295-AD4F-1940AE6C4F54.jpg (129.8 KB, 12 views)
65Mulberry is offline   Reply With Quote