View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2018, 05:34 PM   #31
sprinter
ninjette.org member

Name: JJ

Motorcycle(s): 2018 Ninja 400 Race Bike (in progress...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel-be-Good View Post
Can you elaborate on this? This is the first bike I've ridden with a slipper clutch, not sure what effects/feelings I should expect with it.

One thing I've noticed is that if I'm WOT and shift up, as the clutch engages it almost feels like it's spinning a bit before full engaging. Not sure if this is an imagined feeling, or if it's at all related to the slipper clutch, or similar to what you're describing. Just something I've noticed when riding hard.
Well, no. This is when racing, going from 6th to 4th at the end of the straight and banging the two downshifts late in the braking zone, let the clutch out smoothly and expect the engine to pick up and start providing some engine braking but instead it just freewheels the slipper for a couple of seconds until it finally catches up. Not a good feeling, it's not predictable how much engine braking you're going to get, so you end up using a little more front brake and then have a hard time holding the apex. It might be possible to just put in some stiffer clutch springs and solve the problem.
sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote