View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2019, 04:51 PM   #3
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
Ok so I want to purchase a key for an extra spare. The guy on eBay who has a lot of great recommendations needs the key code. I have no idea where to find this. I have a 2006 250. Anyone know where it’s located? I do not have the original owners manual. @Ram Jet
EDIT: After finding the part number I was able to get the Kawasaki brand key blank from Partzilla for $12 so I’m good with that. I didn’t realize there was a part number for a key blank. Duh. So now to handlebars lol.

Question #2
I would love to purchase either an aftermarket pair of blue or red handlebars. Is it even possible to swap? If so has anyone bought any and could recommend a site or a brand? Thanks!
Hi A.J.,

When i bought my 250 in 2017 I was given ONE key. I bought three O.E.M. blanks at a ridiculous price from Kawasaki. I took them to a locksmith and had them cut. They worked fine but wouldn't open the gas cap. I didn't like the locking gas cap and replaced it. If you have an original key keep it and do not use it except to make new keys. The keys wear and if you try to reproduce key from a worn key you may get into trouble. An example is; make a copy on a Xerox type copier. Then make about 50 copies on the same copier each time making a copy of the previous copy you made,. The 50th copy will look distorted and fuzzy. And that will happen with your keys. I think the key code may be located somewhere on your helmet lock - not sure.

I would not advise buying any key blanks on eBay from some Chinese source.

I like my handlebars - in fact, there is NOTHING I would change on my little EX250. However, the shifter is a-bit touch and go.

Uncle Bill