View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2011, 10:01 AM   #75
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlue1 View Post
I know everyone is wondering just how good the levers, that look like some more expensive name brand levers, really are. I was also wondering myself. I, just like everyone else, like a good deal, however there are those times when a real good deal just looks too good to be true. This being the case with the clutch and brake levers I saw on ebay from the2wheel. The advertised price is $24.98 plus shipping and handling to the U.S.
These levers on the computer monitor, look just like the very popular and very expensive Pazzo Levers but at less than a 1/4 the price of Pazzos and some similar looking brands.

This review is not a comparison between aforementioned brand levers. This review will serve as sort of a testimonial as to the Quality, Fit and Function of the Adjustable Clutch and Brake Levers from the2wheel, with some comparison to the OEM Levers they will replace.

The reason I decided to purchase the levers was I wanted some adjustability in the levers. Even though I have larger than average hands, (XXL-XXXL glove size)and can cover both levers without much problem, I was finding that with bulkier winter gloves on, I was stretching and squeezing my hands a little more to compensate for the extra bulk. This was making may hands fatigued while driving in city traffic. Being that there are only a few adjustable levers that fit the Ninjette, I needed to experiment with something to see if it would make a difference. Now I don't mind paying for name brand, quality stuff, however I do have limits like most.

When talking about clutch and brake levers or anything to do with safety features on a motorcycle, most people will agree that good quality parts are paramount. A lot of people are sceptical when it comes to products coming from China and I don't blame them, having seen first hand, some scooter parts that have come from there. So I wanted to see for myself if these levers were some more, poor quality product.

The Service Review
Ordered the set of levers off ebay on the Jan 9th. I received an email confirmation within 12 hours that payment was received and the levers were shipped with and estimated delivery date between 7-21 days. Today (Jan 29) the levers arrived in a little brown box with a little pink ribbon and a customs declaration on it from the Hong Kong Post. Inside the box a business card from the2wheel company thanking me for my purchase and a pair of very nice looking levers neatly wrapped in a packing foam sheet. This is definitely a no frills, no fancy box deal. Hence one reason for the low price. I can can deal with that.

The Quality
The levers look awesome (asides a little dust). The pictures on ebay do not do these levers justice. These levers are very solid pieces of aluminum. No cast alloy metal here. Looking closely you can see the CNC machining marks on the material. The attaching hardware looks to be good quality too. These levers are slighty thicker and a slight bit heavier than the OEM levers, but not enough to make a substantial weight gain. Installing the levers is super simple. Just remember while you have the levers off, to re-lube the pivot bolts and any where the OEM levers have scraped and properly torque and tighten all the bolts.

The Fit
These levers fit just like the OEM Levers with very close tolerances and also the necessary slack where needed. The standard length levers appear to be a tiny bit longer than the OEM levers. They look great installed on the bike.

Function
With these levers installed, I do not have to squeeze as much with the ends of my fingers. My hands are more closed and the levers sit closer to the base of my knuckles. I have the levers both set on the # 3 setting. The brake lever operates the brake light in all 6 settings. My shifts seem to be quicker, smoother and easier with the lever closer to the grips. It is definitely easier to grab a handful of brake right after installing the brake lever but I adjusted quick. The adjusters ratchet nicely and stay in place. Overall, operating the controls is much much better all around. The levers also flex backwards about 1/4 inch.

While I was at it, I decided to subject my new levers to some very primitive testing. First was the strength test. I may not be the world's strongest man but no matter how hard a tried, I couldn't bend those damn levers a bit with my bare hands. The next test was the hardness test. A quick rap across the knuckles was enough to make me say... OWW! Sh***!!. Next was the taste test. After carefully prepping an area, licking both the OEM and new lever produced diddly. And lastly was the Monkey Test. You know how 'lil kids and people like to mess with your settings? Well I did the the same thing they would to to the adjusters, click the piss out of them. Result? - they hold up.

So there you have it. Are they worth $25 bucks? In my humble opinion. YEP!
It's about the same price you would pay for new OEM. I may buy another set.
Hey man sorry for being so late, but is this the link you ordered from?

http://stores.ebay.com/The2Wheels/Ka...=p4634.c0.m322
blink is offline   Reply With Quote