View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2009, 09:56 AM   #59
250grunt
ninjette.org member

Name: alex

Motorcycle(s): 07 ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verus Cidere View Post
Saw a red pregen with a military rider in full camo. I liked to see it, but he was wearing that instead of gear. Is that stuff anti-abrasion? Whatever the case, he wasn't wearing a helmet.
are you sure he was military? sounds like he is violating every safety reg. they put out and he wouldnt be allowed on post like that. I am in the army and we all have to be msf certified yearly. Have to wear a reflective vest or bright colored long sleeves,full fingered motorcycle gloves, a helmet and either a faceshield or impact resistant goggles as well as over the ankle shoes/boots. If you dont have all those things plus your msf card you are not allowed on base. I have seen people pulled over for having their faceshield up while riding with no eye protection on since they are violating a regulation. Acu's are not anti abrasion and you would sustain bad road rash if you fell. Ive seen a few guys ride on post with actual riding jackets but for the most part no one wears them because you are technically out of uniform if you do. We do batallion rides here and alot of people are trying to change the safety policy so we can ride in actual gear instead of just acus as we usually are on 70mph backroads and if you go down in acus that fast its gonna suck..

sorry for the rant lol just dont want you to think all us military members have deathwishes lol
250grunt is offline   Reply With Quote