Old March 24th, 2020, 02:46 PM   #11
Rexmortale
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiman View Post
good luck with it
Thank you for all your help. Silver sodered the plug and sanded the bottom down smooth. Tapped the plug back into place and got the carb put back on the the. No new issues so far except for the original issues that prompted me to pull the carb. Engine bogs down when I open the throttle and hesitates when I actually get the revs up. I pulled the adjustment screws and cleaned them out and set them to factory. Right 2/12, left 1 3/4. I tried richening the fuel and it seemed to help a little, it wouldn't hesitate as much when I got the revs higher but whenever I tried to blip the throttle it would still almost die. I believe I read somewhere on this vast internet the the fuel adjust screws need to be about a 3/4 difference turn from each other so I kept that rule in mind. When I was playing with it I had the right side 4 turns out and the right 3 1/4. As I was adjusting them I didn't notice any big changes in the sound. I put them back to factory because it started snowing. But after I put the screws Back, I took my laser thermometer and the right side header was about 50 degree's F cooler than the left. Here are some pictures of the soder job. Again thank you all for your help. All adjustments were made while the bike was warned up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200323_190811131.jpg (41.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200323_191857848.jpg (63.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200323_190718780.jpg (72.3 KB, 3 views)

Last futzed with by Rexmortale; March 24th, 2020 at 02:48 PM. Reason: I suck at typing on my phone
Rexmortale is offline   Reply With Quote