View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2020, 02:01 PM   #13
Rexmortale
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 08 ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatiman View Post
the side with the lower temp likely has a plugged pilot circuit.

A test when warm and running ....progressively seating a given pilot adjust screw, bit by bit, should at some point cause that cylinder to misfire...backing out it should then recover. This should be the case on each side....if not, you've found an obvious symptom. Next > dig in to find the underlying cause. Throttle plates badly out of sych? Pilot circuit clogging to some degree? Tight, out of spec valves or a even spark issue?

If bike has sat inop for an extended period, likely pilot circuit. ...you are the Doctor...go git 'em.

Snow....brrrr. Around 50/sunny here today...batteries returned to 2 of my 4. I'm poised and can't wait to practice my own version of "social isolation"
50 and sunny? I'm jealous. Played with the screws again, I have a couple of vacuum guages coming in tomorrow so I can ensure the carbs are synced. Both screw are currently 4 out, I'm afraid they are just going to pop out if I do any more. Bike seems "ok" at this point. Surprisingly it's started right up with the choke on this morning after I made the adjustments last night. Took it for a ride to get air in the tires. It still hesitates if I twist the throttle to quickly and when I was riding it it would hit about 9000 rmp and kinda want to stay there depending on what gear it was in. I wasn't going that fast and it's not the 600's I'm used to so that's probably just rider erroe. Would a dyno jet kit be a worthwhile investment at this point? Thank you for all of your help. Also would anyone know any reputable place I could send the carb to be completely pulled apart and properly rebuilt? I figure that may just be the best route to go.

Here's to a few more days of self isolation with the inability to ride 😢.
Rexmortale is offline   Reply With Quote