Thread: BMW G310R
View Single Post
Old March 9th, 2021, 06:58 PM   #4
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph42 View Post
Nice choice. I have a G310GS in the garage. This bike doesn't look like it's built to a price point at all. It's just simply a lightweight GS bike, which is what I was looking for, rather than an overweight, overpowered ADV bike. The build quality for the price is amazing. The R has all the same stuff.

Beautiful cast aluminum swingarm
Trellis frame
USD 41mm dia forks
Radial mount calipers
Stainless steel brake lines
Brembo made calipers
ABS switchable standard
Gear Indicator
Fuel level indicator
Tires that don't suck
Had my first ride on the 310 today(except for ride up driveway when I got it home) and im impressed. After years with the wifes 250R the power is available so much lower down the RPM range. Not a big deal to me but the misses never liked to really rev out the Ninjette. She would ride around at 9,000 missing 20% of the power. I even had to gear the bike up a 2 teeth in the front and tune the airbox/carbs for lower RPM power/torque. She should love the amount and delivery of the power from this motor. I found it to always have enough pull from anywhere above 4,000 rpm all the way to 10,000. Bikes handling was twitchy compared to my Ducati's! With way smaller tires, single disk on front, single cylinder, center of gravity lower and less mass being thrown around the crank and lets not forget the leverage those "Dirtbike" handle bars give you, this bike should change direction faster than lightning. Not to mention the 1" that I pulled the forks up thru the tripple to help the wide reach the ground a little better. The tranny, gear indicator and clutch all were excellent but I cant get used to the tiny "bar meter" tach across the BOTTOM of the display. Trust me you dont want to take your eyes off the road the amount of time it takes to locate the tach and then figure out what RPM you are turning. Other than wishing for an adjustable fork the tach is the only thing that will take some time to get used to.
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote