View Single Post
Old March 14th, 2021, 10:38 PM   #31
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misti View Post
Finger wag Ha!
And gear indicators- I. rarely look at mine I think (I'll have to pay more attention!) But normally I'm focused on what my students are doing and not what I'm doing- I seem to go more by the mental count in my head I think. Down down up up up up down down up. Ha!

Missing riding! It's been over a year for me, the longest I've ever gone- hope I don't lose all my riding skills! Lol.
Yeah, 99% of the time I can go by just the rpms/power band and don’t care numerically; but first gear on the ninjette is so wound up that it’s borderline useless outside starting and so ending up in it by mistake burns. On my s1000 it’s way less of an issue (power bands are wider and first has a usable, if tight, range). Pretty much the only place it occurs though is those rapid multiple shift corners like 13 though.