View Single Post
Old March 25th, 2011, 10:59 AM   #2
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikesam View Post
Im sure I am not the first one with this problem, so I wanted to see what other folks think about this.

So, I've been working out pretty hard for the last 3-4 months to put on size. I've been doing the whole 3500 calories a day and lifting heavy and as a result I've gone from 135 to 160lbs. This means that my jacket just no longer fits. My goal is to get to about 165 or so and then start cutting to get ready for the summer. So I think I'll end up at around 145-150 in hmm, 3 months, maybe?

I think my current jacket will fit at 145 (it will be very tight, but thats how it ought to fit right?). So I'm not sure if I want to invest in a new jacket for this interim period. Would you spend the money for a new jacket. Any other creative solutions that wouldn't require me to spend additional money?
That kind of depends on what you use your jacket for. I got my jacket a little larger so that I can fit layers of clothing in it since it pretty much use it for an all season jacket.

The jacket should be snug so that the armor doesnt shift around but it doesnt need to be so tight that it's restricting. How long have you had your jacket for? If I was set on looking at a new jacket, I would go ahead and purchase one that would fit snugly when at 160lbs and would have a little bit of room after you've toned down a bit. That'd give you the option of layering when the weather gets chilly. A lot of textile jackets will have straps around the elbow to tighten up the sleeves since that is the place that armor shifts the most. There isnt much space for anything to shift around the torso, so having a little extra space there isnt as big of an issue. Hope that helps.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote