View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2022, 05:45 PM   #5
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

That's the down side of running less pressure ! for sure ! you can and will damage stuff if you happen to hit a real bad object in the road
I bent a rim on one of my bikes some 35 years ago because of that "Low air pressure" I did manage to fix it myself though without having to buy a new rim and lace it up . ...But I just got lucky and I know it !
to me it's a battle of the mind ...if you run too low of air pressure you can and will damage stuff if you happen to hit it hard.... but the soft ride the lower pressure provides is always a noticeable improvement !
.... I am hoping by the time I get 500 miles on this bike that the suspension will ease up ...but at just over 100 miles on it now, it's got a very long way to go to be soft enough for a comfortable ride ! ( in fact I don't think that bike will ever have a soft ride unless I do something to the rear suspension .)
I did order a softer rear spring but there's been no sign of it yet and it's libel to take another month to get to me... but that SHOULD help I guess we'll see.
....then if in the future the ride is too soft I can put the old spring back in there... but it's like I'm not going to ride the thing if it beats me to death every time I get on it.... so I gott'a do something ...even if it's wrong ! LOL
silly weather here, the weather forcast calls for rain and snow mix off and on for the next 5 days lows as low as 29 deg and high in the mid 30's
.....what happened to the nice weather we just had man ! that was so nice
...oooh well.... that is spring for ya !
Bob........