View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2008, 09:23 AM   #10
camaroz1985
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250R, 2006 Ural Raven (Sold), 2009 Versys Green (Sold), 2008 Ninja 250R Green (Sold)

Finally was able to get out and ride yesterday. It was a warm and sunny 42 degrees.

Sitting fully upright with the stock screen the wind hit me just below the top of my shoulders. With the ZG screen it hit me about mid visor level. (I am 5'10"). I didn't notice any real increase in buffeting, but it made for a warmer ride as the wind wasn't hitting my chest and blowing up into my helmet. I also imagine it would be less tiring over a long ride, but will probably have to wait til spring for that.

The height of the screen also allowed me to tuck just a little bit and be completely out of the wind. This was way more comfortable than with the stock screen, which I was never really able to get completely out of.

The only downside I saw to the screen is that the gauges reflect in it (as you can see in the last picture). This isn't a huge problem, but a bit distracting at first. I guess it is sort of like upside down Heads Up Display
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote