View Single Post
Old October 11th, 2010, 09:20 AM   #8
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Let me preface this by stating that I own a Bike Shop. I am in full agreement with most of what was posted. A Hybrid or Comfort Bike would be my recommendation. A Comfort Bike is a Hybrid with front suspension. Both have 700 wheels. You will not find one in Wal-Mart. Mart bikes are not Mountain Bikes. They are cheap, heavy, Chineese bikes with really low end components. For all practical purposes, they are a disposable bike. Few shops will work on them. (I do, but it is charity work. Our migrant Blueberry rakers use Mart bikes for transportation). The Schwinn you see at the Mart is not the same as the one you see in a bicycle shop. What I recommend is that you visit some bike shops and comparison shop. I recommend Cannondale, Marin, Breezer, Schwinn World, Specialized, Giant, Trek, and GT. These are your most popular Hybrid/Comfort bikes. Most bike shops give you a year's free tuning--a good thing, because your cables will stretch some in the first month requiring a readjustment of your shifters. Hope you find this helpful.