View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2016, 07:36 PM   #2
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
Okay my turn, the test bike is SERENITY, 1998 with 38k on the clock, only changes from OEM is a K&N filter, CoPs, gears are +1/-2.

Day one: received the 32s and installed them Thursday. Installation was easy enough, primed the carburetors, and started on the first hit, not amazed how this happened, due to the quality of the carburetors being fresh from Ducatiman, and my installation. Funny how there was no drama when it's done right the first time.

After the starter up, set the idle, checked for leaks of any kind, which there wasn't. While on the center stand, I reved it easley, and wacking the throttle, smooth, no issues. I didn't mess with the idle mixture screws, they are set @ 2 1/2 turns out, and it seemed about right.

Test ride: about 30 miles or so, power seemed better thru the power band 8~13k, felt like it pulled harder, smooth, no hesitation, or shuttering. This was the same at WFO, rolling the throttle, etc... No problems whatsoever.

I checked the header temperatures, and they were within 10℉ of each other, so no issues there either, jetting seems right as well.

My impression after the test ride follows, it seems to pull harder, and with less input is needed if your just cruising along.

I use the bike for commuting, my round trip is 70 miles, so after the test ride I refueled so I can track the MPG.

So far so good, I only wish a had a dyno, and exhaust gas analyzer, but my butt dyno says it pulls harder, I made a few WFO top speed, but didn't see any real difference, just getting there seemed quicker.

Picture time, 30 Left, 32 Right

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.

Last futzed with by Ghostt; June 10th, 2016 at 11:02 PM.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.