View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #9
skilletmo
InfoWhore

Name: Melashi

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 StreetFighter ~~~~ 2005 KTM 450 EXC

OK, YOUR SAVIOR IS HERE.

This problem happened to me when i bought my project bike, you can see on my album of its progress. but anyways. The RPMs go down all the way then up, then down, then eventually stalls right? Usually happens when slowing down or turning while going slow? Well i did things to prevent that and stop it and all the sudden it stopped all together after a day of doing what i did.

First thing i did was fix a problem with my gas tank i had, (look at pictures) here is the link and how i fixed it at the end. Read the whole page to see what im talking about and how the guy in the other link i posted in my first post had the same problem.
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=116586

Second thing i did was add seafoam from orielly in my gas tank, like 2 ounces because i had like 2 gallons of tank.

third i rode for about 5 miles, problem happened off and on during those miles then after that it has been riding perfecto.

Also make sure your bike is nicely choked for about a min before riding.

Try those things and let me know, if your tank doesn't have that problem that i had in my first step then dont worry about it. Add the seafoam and see what happens.

Also im not sure but my gas tank was half when i added seafoam and problem went away, and full when the problem occurred without seafoam but im sure it has nothing to do with how full my tank is. I haven't filled it back up yet because of my 912319238192mpg but i think i will fill it all the way next week and see if it happens again.

-GOD