View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2021, 07:41 PM   #8
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I think the Ninja has RUENED ME !!!!!
I rode the TT250 to mt.Shasta city last evening to delever some papers to the guy wanting to trade my Quad for a KLR.... so I took the TT250 at 43 to 45 mph... 11 miles up there and 11 back and I had a hell of a time getting the corners right.... and I noticed I was riding like I did on the ninja and started counter balancing in the corners instead.... that was much better !
I guess most of my riding in the past was counter balancing or simply locked to the bike.... but with that tall TT250 it likes counter balancing !
.... it's funny that I've never really paid attention to Riding style in the past and now I'm getting a crash course ! ....
the roads here are slow corners for the most part, not like back at the Ranch
and yes the Ninja likes those alot.... but i've yet to aquire the skill it takes to drag a knee and like just becoming part of the bike locked to it and it's balance
so that is slower in the corners by a long shot, but to me it is more relaxing.
yes I have to be aware of dragging foot pegs and all that but that just tells me it is time to slow down a bit ! ...
but riding using counterbalance like the CHP uses all the time is good but in so doing I have frequently drug parts.
and locking yourself in the saddle is no better as it does the same.
so the hanging your butt and body out to dry on a corner may well keep those parts from dragging and if it don't your doing something wrong, it's not relaxing to me at all.... fun yes, relaxing no !
.... just some observations I gained from last nights ride with a dim headlight
.... you see I hadn't adjusted the headlight down from when I took out all the preload on the TT250 and the low beam was all I could use as the high beam was in the trees ! ( i lowered the High beam a bit ago, and added some wide foot pegs and wow what a difference ! $60.00 well spent ! )
it's strange, but I almost feel now that the bike determines the riding style that needs to be used on it.... and I know deep down that's not true
but that TT250 needs counterbalancing... ! at least for me !
LOL....
Bob.........