View Single Post
Old May 31st, 2018, 02:14 PM   #27
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
What I use and highly recommend is the PlugUp S-plugs. These fit ENTIRELY in your ear canal so the only thing that sticks out is the wire. They give noise isolation easily as good as regular earplugs, which means I don't need to crank up the audio volume at all.

They are absolutely awesome and I won't ride on the street without 'em. I listen to podcasts/NPR instead of music, but that's just personal preference. It's easier to get distracted and lost in music for me, and that's a bad thing when riding.
I really like that idea and I really like that a smaller business is doing something like this. While I don't think I'll use 'em for riding, I'm definitely going to have to pick up a pair of these. The form-factor looks perfect.

Anecdote on podcasts: my brother showed me a weld he made. It was a really good weld when he'd started, then it turned into splattery hemorrhoids. I asked him what happened there, and he told me he started laughing because he was listening to podcasts while welding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfkrocks View Post
Seems like it depends on the interpretation of the law by individual officer or department. It's either ok because it's not in-ear (which is always illegal) or it's not ok because the intent is the same as in-ear. Pretty sure the law says nothing about a single speaker being ok either way.

Here's a thread where several LEOs weighed in on the situation:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...d.php?t=524497
That's a good read. Kind of reinforces what I already do; know how the LEOs operate in your area. A bit harder to do in a bigger city like you're in, though.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote