View Single Post
Old February 2nd, 2014, 01:04 PM   #50
anacron
ninjette.org guru

Name: Adi

Motorcycle(s): Triumph Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakkotai View Post
A lil context (bragging rights) would help. I see you've put your helmet on a bike that happens to be the bike you want out on the street
"If you like it, then you should've put a [helmet] on it"?
Sorry, I was really busy riding it and breaking it in. Put about 70 miles while hanging out with a couple of moto friends and doing some photography in Chinatown/Golden Gate.

The decision was between the Street Triple and the Fz-09. I took the street triple out for a test ride; loved it; bought it. What I really loved was the exhaust.... ERR MAH GAWD!!! That think screams at you, it literally screams starting at 8k (and this is stock exhaust ) Then I bought it.

Riding across Golden Gate and Bay Bridge was completely fine (the wind picked up on my way home but a comfortable ride). The bike is so agile, yet with enough weight to stay planted. Strong winds would push you around a little bit, though. For long trips to SoCal - at highway speeds - this thing will be fine. Seat was really comfortable, handlebar position perfect (clutch is a tad heavy for stop and go traffic).

Also, I love the Pirelli SuperCorsa tires. Never knew, tire feedback could be so good. ABS, Fully adjustable suspension and Nissin brakes that'll stop you on a dime. Gauge cluster is phenomenal it has: engine temp, gear indicator, shift lights(customizable), lap timer, fuel level and the other usual suspects.

Overall, I'm a happy camper and will post higher quality pics shortly.

@Sirref
Flyscreen for sure. I think I'll wait for exhaust until after break-in service. The usual goodies like tankpad, (maybe) rim tape, fender eliminator will happen soon.