View Single Post
Old March 7th, 2011, 12:02 PM   #25
almost40
ninjette.org Monkey Spank

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R Track-Bike Woodcraft clip-ons and rearsets FZ-6 track bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post

I used to think jetting was a black or white science, like you, but have long ago learned there is a aspect of magic and customization that can occur if you know how to juggle the different aspects of jetting.
Amen to that from a guy who has spent hundreds of hours playing with my dominator on my dragcar. You would be suprised at how man guys at the strip will swear by there carb set-up. (on the same kind of carb as mine) My set-up is totally different than theres and Ill swear by it just the same. Its more about what works best for the varying conditions than whats best on the day you goto the dyno. Your (or at least, I) should be looking for consistency week to week. Not peak numbers on one day.

As far as hitting the jetting on the first try. Dont count me in that group. had to switch the mains a couple times before I was happy with my butt dyno. Then I took it to a real dyno and found out I was a smidge rich. Stuck with it because it was a warm day when I went to the dyno. When I ride in the cold weather (like now here in Illinois) it runs a tad lean. (looking at the plugs) I feel I have the best set-up for the varying conditiond I ride in.
almost40 is offline   Reply With Quote