Thread: Racing Story
View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2008, 01:14 AM   #3
FlamingYellowInsanity
Too sexy for roadrash

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250, 2007 Lance GS-R 150 (racing modified scooter), 1980 Honda CB750K project

Yeah, it sounds like you and me think about the same. This was a fairly quiet street area near the local college (read: lot of kids... like me!) the intersection was between a 2 parking lots with virtually no traffic at any time (very little, even durring rush hour/between classes), I don't think anyone even went through the green light (timed light, not sensored), and there was no one as far as I could see on the cross streets, so there was little fear of red light runners.

I didn't crouch or anything, but I like the one handed idea! This car was tricked out, and a bit "anxious" to get through the light. Plus, after the first corner I was well assured that he was wanting to race me. I already mentioned the graphics, plus I think he had an exhaust system also, because it sounded a bit deeper/louder than most Cameros I've heard.

Hehe, maybe next time I see someone like this I'll do the signature "left-hand-behind-the-back" Crotch-rocket/highway riding position

I love the performance on this 250! I actually had a dream last night about the performance of a ninja 1000 and it actually scared me! I kept running wide in corners just because of the acceleration, but then again, it was a dream, and maybe not based on reality. I don't know if I'll ever even WANT to even try the 1L+ sportbikes out though, a tuned 600/750 is probably as big as I'll go unless I get a harley or something. I really like the small bikes, and with the performance this 250 puts out, something like a ninja 600 would be insane, and the zx-14 would be almost unstreetable! Oh well, enough rambling!

Travis