View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2019, 07:00 AM   #6
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by F9zSlavik View Post
I believe the battery is fully charged. It has never died out on me once and the bike ALWAYS starts when I crank it. I've crank it a bunch of times in a row with no issues. I mean I could swap out the battery from my SFV650 and see if it does the same thing? Could the battery do that though?

I do not have a multi meter but I will go out tomorrow and buy one.

I will buy a cleaner, do you recommend putting in premium gas? Like chevron or shell?

Did I oil the air filter? I do not know what you mean by that. Can you clarify?
Low voltage can cause odd running issues, especially in an engine with F.I., so it's worth checking.

Premium gas isn't necessary, but if it's the only thing available without ethanol I use it. 87 octane without ethanol is the best if available.

Most air filters need to be oiled after being cleaned and dried. Special air filter oil is always the best, and a spray oil is easiest to use. It's also very easy to apply too much oil to the filter, which restricts air flow significantly and makes the engine run rich/poorly. One medium coat of spray oil is adequate.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote