View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2012, 09:44 PM   #165
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liist View Post
I spent about $30 on a license plate rack and LED lights and spent a few hours custom fabricating it. Turns out just as well as the Yoshimura one for a fraction of the price.
Got a write up on what you did? I probably can come up with something to fabricate, i would have to look at what it looks like with the big fender removed to see what i could do. Come up with my own homedepot parts list, its just the time and then the not being able to ride it while waiting and such would kill me. To lazy to put pieces back on and off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceknyght View Post
The Yoshimura one does not require cutting, but does require popping out a couple rivets from the stock fender (which hold the turn signals in) and splicing the wires (from the original license plate light to the built in LED one).
popping out those plastic rivets shouldn't pose a problem, as long as one day i can put them back in if necessary. Anyway to get around the splicing, is there a oem connector for the light? Think someone posted something about a site that sells one somewhere, id have to find it, that why its just plug and play.