View Single Post
Old January 20th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #18
KawiKid860
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

Wink

Quote:
I still think quoting 65 average is pretty unrealistic. I'd say 50 or so for mixed riding is more realistic.
I figured you guys wouldn't believe those numbers but I'm being honest. Might be a little bit off because I'm not perfect and I can't fill the gas tank up exactly the same amount every time but the discrepancy wouldn't be more than .2 of a gallon. I also said I get about 55 mixed, but that's probably my pride being optimistic so 50-53 is more likely. Granted that's riding the crap out of it, maybe my bikes just magic. Now that it's been brought to my attention, for longer rides my butt starts to hurt with the stock seat so I have to stand up on the bike and stretch every now and then.

Quote:
Ugly-ass bike.

Wait til april and see what the CBR500s are like. Better looking wheels, fairings and updated tech.
I'm sure the MSRP on the CBR500 will be somewhere close to the $2,000 you can pick up a Ninja 500 for not to mention over 20 years of time to prove reliability and an endless amount of parts if something does go wrong.

Okay I'll admit I am a bit biased but its still a really great bike for an easy price
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote