View Single Post
Old March 20th, 2012, 12:16 AM   #93
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla25 View Post
grab a philips screw driver and press down on that plug thing. then with your free hand, pry the clip out with a precision flat head screw driver.

edit: is your bike on a tripple tree stand? you cannot have any pressure on the forks when doing this. that plug thing wont move much, but will move enough so you can remove that clip
A screwdriver handle was actually the first thing I tried!

Yes, it is on a head stand, but the stand's suspending pin holder arm is bending and if I tried putting extra weight on it while it's on the triple I'd be asking for more trouble. I tried pressing down on the plug when off the bike while someone held the fork up for me but the fork would move down and the plug would not move far enough to get the clip. I did not realize that you couldn't have pressure on the forks.

I'm going to throw on the Woodcraft clip-ons and use one of those puller things tomorrow. I have to go buy the PVC for hammering the stuff back together anyway (I assume these puller things are sold at the same hardware stores that sell PVC pipe). Thanks for all the help/ideas/suggestions!
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote