View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2013, 05:51 AM   #12
extremez31
ninjette.org member

Name: Rich

Motorcycle(s): 94 EX250, 81 GS450

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
The main jets are fine, use 2 or 3 washers under the needles. I suggest a new OE air filter as well. They come clean and properly oiled.

If you open the intake lid, test some 108 main jets and see if they're needed for your location. If you ditch the air box for a pod filter, prepare to test 110 and 112 main jets as well.

Someone buy this darn Muzzy already!! They're great systems, they're great quality, and they're no longer sold by Muzzy. This one also looks to be in great shape! So many people sit around and complain about how ugly the dual cans are, but then they see the prices of a new system and complain about the price. Well here's your chance to get the best of both worlds!

GLWS extremez31, I hope my little plug helps you.
hahaha I really do appreciate the plug. Im located in NJ, I did not rejet (although i was prepared to I did have a jet kit). the bike had no deadspots, no backfire. I put in a new set of plugs and after a few days pulled them and they were normal. I am not saying you dont need to re-jet, most people do, it just was not the case for me.

This will take a total of 11LBS off of your bike. It sounds amazing. I have been around bikes and cars pretty much my whole life. Its not going to make your 250 sound like a R1 (people have asked on ebay) What it will do is give it a deep non raspy sound.

I paid $399.00 + shipping for this. $250.00 with free overnight shipping cant be beat.