View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2016, 08:15 PM   #31
Burphel
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): Triumph Bonneville, Ninja 300

Actually did some looking around and I ordered springs from Traxxion Dynamics today. Cost just a bit more than Sonic's. Racetech wanted $130 for springs plus shipping. I'm not convinced that there is any superior technology to be had in terms of springs that's worth $40 extra. Gonna start with this and then shop for a decent shock over the winter.

I called the local Dunlop guys a couple times but had to leave a message. Looks like around $250 for a pair of Alpha 13s. Dunlop's trackside guys have been cool to me as a track day guy, plus they just sell cheaper rather than screwing with contingency (that I'm not real likely to win).

I also signed up for the track day next Friday. My job is switching insurance, so I'll register for racing as soon as the new info comes in (personnel promises by this Friday). Saturday they're doing a Ultra Light Weight GP race (I *think* this is 12 laps vs the usual 6) and I'm not in great shape, so I think I'm going to plan on doing tech and either corner working or fixing tech issues, and then race on Sunday which will have the standard 6 lap ULW Supersport and Superbike races.