View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2018, 09:31 AM   #165
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Ant, in your PM to me today you used the following phrase regarding my hesitancy to get on the throttle:

Choosing that word... "abrupt"... says something about the mindset for both of us. Scares the hell out of me but not you. Not a word I would ever apply to track riding. So I think you're looking at it the right way this year by being more mindful of how smoothly you add power.

I think we're both looking for the same thing, but coming at it from different starting points.

Andrew,
My example was from my crash---so abrupt was the cause. My statement was that I added lots of throttle on my bike (which has lots more torque than your bike) while leaned over and that caused my crash ---meaning that from 0 to lets just say 60% I still had traction. That is the metric I was referring to for you to use. The fact that I quickly added lots of throttle and crashed should show you that if you slowly add some at a slower rate there is no danger. I stated in the PM. that it was difficult to get the concept across. I have been riding on the track for several years now and I mistakenly added too much throttle too fast--not my normal way around and not something I intend to repeat!
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote