Old June 29th, 2018, 01:03 PM   #23
Zww1019
ninjette.org member

Name: Zak

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
This is good test of your multimeter skillz:

1. pull headlight fuse and measure resistance between legs. How many ohms?
2. pull low-beam headlight bulb and measure resistance of bulb. How many ohms?
Yeah i checked out the videos and stuff on using a multimeter, i was thinking maybe i was doing it wrong or the multimeter sucked, but i watch several videos. I bought the Innova 3306a hands free digital multimeter from autozone (I tried googling this multimeter and can’t even find It online or at the autozone website, so maybe it’s a ****** old one)..
The headlight could be explained by the headlight fuse blown again. I hadn’t thought to check It again. last night when I was trying to start my bike by jumping the starter relay I heard a “pop” while It was trying to turnover, maybe It was that.

1: The broken headlight fuse read 0.L Ohm, the new one was 0.0Ohm.
2: The headlight bulbs; one jumped around a lot at first and settled on 0.00Ohm. The other one slowly skipped around from 0.0Ohm to 0.3Ohm.

Edit: What’s a good multimeter from amazon? If I spent $20 on this one and can’t even find It on google I’d rather return It and buy a good one anyway. I saw the Innova 3320 (https://www.amazon.com/Innova-3320-A...h8L&ref=plSrch), but there’s a lot of others to choose from
Zww1019 is offline   Reply With Quote