View Single Post
Old May 14th, 2013, 02:49 PM   #14
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Triumph Bonneville; 2008 Ninja 250r (trackbike)

I think I can add an update to comparison of riding different set up race Ninja 250s

Ive ridden Nemesis's Ninja 250 (which I believe does not have any mods to it other than springs)

I have my bike which has Racetech emulators and springs

and I have ridden dino74's bike

The difference is night and day between my bike and dino74's. I think part of it is our set ups are different. My bike's suspension tends to be a little on the stiffer side. dino74's feels a little more on the softer/plush side. Dean told me to take his bike out to see if there is something wrong with his bike or its him. Riding Dean's bike the suspension felt really good and handles bumps no problem. SOme of the bumps that I have issues with that causes my bike to either skip or run a tad wide...Dean's just absorbed them and kept in line.

I think if I had more time on Dean's bike I would have set a new PR for myself.

I can see myself ordering these in the near future once I pay off some debts. The emulators are nice improvement over stock, but I really miss the ease of adjustability for compression and rebound with the cartridge kit like my previous bike (Daytona 675).
*CVMA #312*SoCal Trackdays*BigHeadz Racing*Motion Pro*Factory Effex*Leatt Brace* Racetech *Bell * Woodcraft CFM*Vortex*Hotbodies*Surface Sun Systems*Braking*LiveWire Energy*Freegun Underwear
tooblekain is offline   Reply With Quote