View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2016, 05:56 PM   #23
fishdip
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Fish

Motorcycle(s): 250/300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostt View Post
I would love to ride in shorts, and flip flops, but the reality of the real world is harsh, painful, and expensive to say the least.

Injury, cost, lost time at work, or even worse, there's no guarantees even with full gear, but your odds are dramatically increased for sure when you look at the studies done.

As a rider coach, I'm bound by the code of conduct, which isn't a problem for me.

During teaching the MSF BRC I've been asked why a long sleeve shirt is acceptable, we explain it's do to we are riding at low speed, non road speeds, we also require a 3/4 or full face, gloves that cover the fingers, and foot wear that covers the ankle. I explain that this is the minimum for training in a low speed, closed course environment.
Well after seeing my dad killed in a MC crash at 35MPH with a full face helmet on and a motorcycle jacket. I have kind lived my life with a little bit of when its my time to die I am going to die. Now that is not to say that I do not always take steps that can help me live longer. Like I did have full leather gear on when me and Nevada Wolf did the ride from PHX AZ - AB NM. The fact is every one takes risk and it cracks me up when I see the ones who blast down a hill at 65+ on a bicycle with nothing more then spandex and a modified ice chest on there head. But then get on a site and say ATGATT.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.