View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2019, 11:56 AM   #20
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Just because pro-mechanic can use Power Probe, doesn't mean that you can. An understanding of circuit from wiring-diagram is required first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaire View Post
I'm working on a 2004 that sat for a year. After installing a new battery I checked the electrics. The headlight worked. Now it doesn't work. In the fuse panel the headlight fuse connector, the lower plug goes to ground. The upper fuse junction doesn't connect. I checked with the ignition off and the ignition on.
Using a Power Probe the 3 wire switch reads grounds. I can apply a 12v to any of the wires. When I do, the headlight turns on. I can pull the Probe away and the the light stays on. When I turn off the ignition, then on again, I get nothing again. I do have a schematic from Cyclepedia. I don't know enough to figure this one out.
Any suggestions?
We made suggestions to guide you in right direction, dispel your mistaken assumptions, and help you understand how things really work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaire View Post
A professional mechanic had my GT on his lift. I saw how he used the Power Probe to show exactly what was the problem in the circuitry. The Power Probe is most useful to someone with knowledge and experience. My knowledge and experience is limited on E250s. There is a thread in this topic. You criticize what you don’t understand and run off topic. Your unwanted analysis of the techniques in using the Power Probe III are off topic, not helpful, pedantic and self indulgent at my expense. Why not explain the circuit in the first place? All the off thread writing is your way of creating obfuscation, no more, no less.
At least four people explained to you how headlight circuit works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceeloo Yello View Post
Not sure if I understand but from the factory the ninja headlight does not come on until the bike is running. Hope that helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextbesthing View Post
I believe they're wondering whether the light turns on after the bike is running. After the bike is running if the kill switch is pressed the light will stay on, but if you turn the ignition off and then on again the bike will need to be started before the headlight will come back on. At least that's my limited understanding of it. Unsure if you can just touch the starter quick to turn the headlight circuit on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrateCookie View Post
yes, the light must be on when driving but...
it is off until after the engine fires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecN8ure View Post
The engine must be running.

My 2015 Honda Grom's headlight doesn't turn on until I fire the engine. Same with my 2006 Ducati.
You refused to believe them, so I went backwards further to show that your assumptions, which you believed as absolute truth, was holding you back, wasting time and not arriving at solution. Not just in this case, I'm sure it will hinder you in future as well.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; January 16th, 2019 at 10:00 PM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote